Re: Extensions Infrastructure Work

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Holger Berndt <berndth gmx de> wrote:
> Hello Jasper,
>
> I really like your proposals. Great work! Just a comment:
>
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 21:01:36 -0400, "Jasper St. Pierre"
> <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
>
>>  * Users need to be able to click one button, and like magic the
>> extension instantly is downloaded, unzipped, loaded and enabled.
>
>>  * Users need to be able to click the same button in the web UI, and
>> the extension is disabled.
>
> Maybe it's an exaggerated sense of computer tidiness, but I always
> appreciate if software is as easily uninstalled as it is installed.
> Maybe there could be both, a "disable" and an "uninstall" button on
> that website, or at least a reference to some tool that can uninstall
> extensions again (maybe g-t-t?)?

You're free to disable it, go into
~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions and delete the directory to tidy
it up.

Maybe this even a bit more simplistic, but I'm planning on removing
the "Install" label, only exposing an "Enable" button, which will
download if needed. This has the advantage that you can make the above
workflow happen if you want to re-enable it.

--
 Jasper