Re: Configure date/time display

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 18:59 +0700, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
> > the Tweak Tool is not for "advanced" settings: it's for tweaking the UI,
> > to avoid adding all possible settings to the control center UI and make
> > it a mess of knobs and controls.
>
> Tweak tool has both types of settings. And tweak tool is not part of
> gnome3 desktop, if I remember correctly (or has it been proposed to
> 3.2?). I think the two options are commonly used enough to be in
> g-c-c. Clean and beautiful design is one thing, but functionalities
> should not be sacrificed in the name of beauty.

The thing is, some of tweak tool's settings have a place to go, like the
date switch (System Settings > Date and Time) or the laptop lid settings
(System Settings > Power). In my opinion, the tweak tool should have
settings that doesn't exactly agree with the design, like having
nautilus handle the desktop.