Re: Extensions Infrastructure Work

Il giorno gio, 23/06/2011 alle 06.26 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre ha
scritto:
> >> The only browser-agnostic way to do this is
> >> to basically be a website.. that means running a simple HTTP
> daemon.
> >
> > The following might be really stupid and newbie questions, but I am
> > worried by having an unwanted HTTP daemon on my system so I'll fire
> them
> > anyway :)
> >
> > Is the HTTP daemon optional? Saying it in another way, can I still
> > install extensions the old way and completely disable the HTTP
> service
> > and the one click installation platform?
>
> Sure.

That' perfect, I won't complain anymore

> > Is the HTTP server a proper HTTP server, that means reachable by
> other
> > hosts on my network? Hope the answer is no :)
> >
> > I am asking this because my University explicitly prohibits running
> > servers on our computers and I do not want to have troubles.
>
> Ouch. Just to let you know it will *not* be network accessible, and
> will only be bound to localhost. It's still a proper HTTP server, but
> not accessible to anybody else but your machine.

Sweet again!

I realized that I replied to John's mail (privately, what a mess I did)
and not to yours.

So I feel compelled to thank you as well :)

I'll try to cooperate by updating the auto-move-window extension when
the work is in its place and I really see that having an easy way to
install extensions will be very welcomed by many users.

Cheers, keep up the good hacking :)
Alessandro