Re: My opinions on Gnome Shell

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 17:12 +0100, Dimitris M. wrote:
> >> 1. No minimize button (I can't even mention the number of times I have
> >> cursed you for this, so far...).
> >
> > Minimizing is pretty much an obsolete notion.

> Software exist to serve the users' needs. I need minimizing.
> I believe the number of people that need minimizing vastly outnumber those who don't.

The GNOME developers believe otherwise, and unless someone presents some
hard data, it's just two groups of people shouting at each other.

Regardless:

http://www.khattam.info/howto-add-minimize-maximizerestore-buttons-in-gnome-3-2011-05-26.html

> >> 2. Switching between widows is PAINFUL. The options I have is: move
> >> mouse to top-left or press the window key.
> >
> > Alt-tab / Alt-tick
>
> Window management should not require keyboard.

It doesn't require it. You already discovered how to do it without the
keyboard, but you complained it was too slow and disruptive. Someone
recommended a method that was faster and less disruptive, and instead of
saying 'hey, thanks', all you can do is come up with some new reason why
it doesn't qualify? That's not cool.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey