Re: Experiences with Gnome 3: Panel and Workspaces

On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 18:03 +0200, David Prieto wrote:
> Paul,
>
>         So, what to do in the Activities view?  I would suggest moving
>         the
>         right-hand workspace switcher to the bottom.
>
> The message tray is taking that space now. What would you do about
> that?

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. :)

I think I would move the message tray to the top of the screen.  With
the panel moved to the bottom (as per my other suggestion) that would
seem to be the obvious thing anyway.  But if the panel was to be kept at
the top, I would suggest having the message tray appear immediately
below it.

For me, a layout with the panel at the bottom, workspace switcher
appearing above that, application launcher to the left and message tray
at the top would be ideal.

I'm tempted to get GIMP out to knock up a sample screenshot!

Best regards,
Paul.