Mutter window positioning

Hi everybody,

I do not know if this is the proper mailing list for Mutter, but it is
the one that seems to suit better, so I'll try to ask here.

I'll like to know if there is a way to change the positioning of new
windows opened in Gnome. Let me give an example: If I open four
terminals in a row they are placed in a sort of cascade mode in the top
left corner, where the window bar of the second is just below the window
bar of the first. Furthermore, it seems that the top left corner is
preferred to other space for new windows.

What I'll like to see is new windows trying to be "as far as they could"
from other, in order to maximize the area that I can see of each window
even if it is not raised. I really prefer this placement over the
"cascade" one since each window gives me more information even if it's
not raised, and I find a little bit annoing having to drag new terminals
every time I open a bunch of them. I think this placement is called
Smart in Compiz and if I am not mistaken is what Kwin uses by default.

I do not mind if the setting is hidden somewhere and that somewhere
doesn't come with a GUI. Please let me know if it's possible.

Cheers,
Alessandro