Re: Sensors Extension.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 17:41 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 23:14 +0100, Another Sillyname wrote:
>>
>> > There's plenty of space on the top bar to allow them, so what's the logic?
>
>> Sorry if that was long, but I wanted to make it as clear as possible. I
>> hope it helps.
>
> So I wrote up this essay of mine, in a different form, as a blog post:
>
> http://www.happyassassin.net/2011/05/31/gnome-shell-panel-applets-and-eating-your-cake/
>
> hope it's useful to someone.

well, your blog entry sounds like gnome applets never existed

    http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-applets/

but they did exist and were part of gnome core.

i understand it is in context of gnome sensors, but...

don't get me wrong, i really get your post and understand the
need of transition time, but please take into account that
people miss a lot of functionality, configurability and are facing
a lot of very frustrating bugs (message tray is a joke) with quite
bad communication process on gnome side[1].

regards,

[1] just from last 2 days of being on the list
- is gnome applets to be part of gnome 3.2? - who knows?
- can we update the faq with info about the intel cards? - no, it's pointless...
- can i configure this or that? would be a patch accepted? - no answers.
- i cannot shutdown, why? - we are tired of this question.