Re: Keyboard Use

Am 12.07.2011 15:18, schrieb Tomas Sironi:
Hi people. Gnome 3 has great improvements over its previous version. The only thing I think should have more support is the use of the keyboard. For example, window select by keyboard. But I think there is something that would be even better.

There should be a shortcut for launching applications from the favorites menu. For example, if I press the super key and then 2, the second app from the bar should be launched or focused if it's already open. Also, pressing Ctrl+1 should open a new windows regardless if it's open or not (as it happens with the mouse click).

I know, I could just type the program's name and press enter, but that makes gnome search and display trough a hole set of apps and icons and is not as fast as the solution I'm proposing.

What do you think about that? Shortcuts from 1 to 9 is more than enough for frequently used applications.

Regards.

--
Tomas  Sironi