Re: Gnome shell suggestions after a bit of usage

2011/7/8 Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net>
> There is a problem when using Inkscape and the Alt+click combination. It is
> needed for that program, but usually window managers use it to move the
> window by default, but allow the user to change it, for example, for mod4 +
> click. I didn't find that in Gnome 3, and this is very annoying when using
> Inkscape. What about an option for that?

gconf right now. I have no idea if there are plans for a user-visible
setting right now. Sorry.

OK, i did not look gconf because I thought it was being replaced with dconf, where I did not find it.

gconf is slowly being phased out in favor of gsettings. Metacity (and thus Mutter) haven't been ported to gsettings. Florian is working hard on getting this to land though.

OK, I looked into this and got it working, thanks.

If anyone is interested in changing alt for mod4 for this or any other reason, this might help:
$ gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/metacity/general/mouse_button_modifier '<Super>'