Re: Extensions Infrastructure Work

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 15:39 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:

> > 2. Multiple users or sessions on the same machine
> >   Only the first session can use it.
>
> My idea was that log-out would stop the HTTP daemon for that session
> and open one for the current user. Unless there's a special case (I
> didn't think of virt) where two users can be securely both actively
> having GNOME sessions at the same time, I don't think this is a
> problem.

I don't know the exact details but what come to my mind

 - multiple seats setups would have multiple session running
 - If user A is working and (s)he left computer by clicking 'switch
user' the programs should continue to run in the background as if
nothing happened. However user B can log into at the same time. I belive
that after user switch the illusion of continuity is preserved (i.e.
windows can be opened/closed, d-bus works) so it would be surprising to
disallow contacting HTTP daemon

> The only security issue I can think of that arises out of
> this compromise is that a user could ssh in to the same machine and
> frob the HTTP server to... install, enable/disable and list extensions
> from the official GNOME3 site.

Which may prove to be a vector of attack if computer is shared and the
exploit is discovered and not yet marked as such on site.

Regards