Re: Gnome Shell

By looking at your screenshot, you have a very old version of GNOME Shell.
You may consider using the latest version:
https://webstats.gnome.org/GnomeShell

From: "Marshall Neill" <ramien43 windstream net>
To: gnome-shell-list gnome org
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 4:10:47 AM
Subject: Gnome Shell

Hello everyone,
Well I have been viewing for the past week or so the progress on the shell.
It would appear that the shell is deviating from the original
implementation.  I felt, probably the only one, who thought that that
was the wrong way.
I customized my shell to be as shown in the attached screenshot.

This, to me at least, was clean and organized.   The only thing missing
was the fact that all the applications were not visible as I believe
they were in one or more of the earlier implementations.
If that had been included, then the next thing to do would have been to
have a option on the panel to display, via popup menu, all current open
applications which would have been visible by a simple mouseover/hover.
Then all the user had to do was click on the application or press Esc to
discard it.

I have a feeling I am a bit late and perhaps opinionated, but it's just
how I feel about the current direction.

Regards,
Marshall Neill