Re: Chatting on Gnome-shell

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Onyeibo Oku <twohotis gmail com> wrote:

I'd file a bug in bugzilla so that someone working on gnome-shell can
address it.

Okay, I'll try that

 Although I'm not *quite* sure if this is gnome-shell or
empathy (I assume you;'re using empathy?)

Its definitely gnome-shell (front-end) but yeah, ... its using empathy at the rear.  Which reminds me, there seems to be a 'battle of wills' going on between the two ...about who gets to be seen.  Empathy wants to show its face sometimes and when it succeeds there is usually a quirky performance in Gnome-shell.  So ... I really don't understand what the deal is between Gnome-shell people and empathy hackers.  I like the front-end ... it removes the clutter (floating dialogues add to visual madness!).  However, the front-end looks dead and robotic without the emoticons and colours.

How about trying to fix it?
 We can help.

Wow ... I'm just one Architect/designer/cg-artist who likes to play with computers.  I only know enough coding to automate tasks in my work. C, C++, and C# is simply not my area.

 In this case, I don't think coding is involved.  I believe this is a CSS stylesheet issue.

sri