Re: jhbuild error

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 11:26 +0800, Allan E. Registos wrote:

> [...]

gdk-pixbuf has an interesting issue in its build system; it updates the
translation files at every full build, instead of doing so only on
distcheck (i.e. when preparing the release tarballs).

> >It makes no sense to me because I'm not actually developing any of
> >these packages, so I don't understand why a pristine source tree
> would
> >have a merge conflict with itself, but invariably I can just choose
> >option 6, "wipe directory and start over", and after that it's able
> >check out and build successfully.
>
> I understand, starting over would be the quickest fix, but its not an
> option for those with slow connections. Anyway, option 6 is worth to
> try.

no need to clear the directory; go inside it (use the "shell" option)
and do:

  $ git checkout -f
  $ git clean -xdf

then exit and restart from the configure phase.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name