Re: Gnome-Shell - questions and opinions

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 17:38 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> There are going to be improvements for switching between workspaces
> (see http://jimmac.musichall.cz/log/), but current plans are to keep
> things a two-level thing - switch workspaces than switch windows.

If I understand things correctly (and this is how the tip of git behaved
for me), right now it's actually the other way around. If I want to
switch workspaces, I'm forced to choose a window in another workspace.
This is what causes by default expose behaviour. No?

I'm all for switching workspaces without even touching windows. When I
go to overview, I'd like my workspaces presented as they are. No need to
move windows around to switch workspaces.

--
Bojan