Re: Gnome-Shell - questions and opinions

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 15:37 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

> What make you think that we are exclusively focused on workspaces? Our

They get invoked a lot in the discussions I see on this list, and (I
felt) often in a way which seems to trump other considerations.

> expectation is really that a lot of users will never use them. (*I*
> don't use them any more except for specialized things like working with
> the GIMP)

that's definitely good to know.

> Alt-Tab, either with keynav or mouse is also expected to be a common way
> of switching windows for advanced users.

I use alt-tab, myself - it was more the general question of workspaces
that interested me. I do agree with the opinion that current alt-tab
behaviour is not great. Searching b.g.o for 'alt-tab' gives over 100
results, so more specific directions than 'search b.g.o for alt-tab and
add your comment there' would be good =)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey