Re: Activity Bar Panel Provides Little Utility, Takes Up Space, And is Distracting

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Mystilleef <mystilleef gmail com> wrote:
> The activity bar or top panel consumes screen space for no
> critical reason. The information provided by the activity
> bar is not something users need to be persistently inundated
> with. For example, I doubt any of us care if our wireless
> signal powers up or down one level.

Well, no, but I'll scream bloody murder if there's not a clock visible
at all times. I refuse to have to click a button in order to see a
clock.

> If I were to design a desktop shell, static top panels and
> menubars would be the first things to go. They take up space
> and provide very little utility.

Didn't you get the memo? We're trying to mimic OSX as closely as possible. ;-)

--
http://exolucere.ca