gnome shell intuitive application removal idea

Hello all.

When one is viewing applications by type it becomes immediately
apparent that (in my case) I have a number of unwanted applications
installed.

It would be cool if an app icon could be dragged onto an area of the
desktop for removal/purging.
A confirmation menu with a "yes/no" dialog could pop up and upon
providing root password the application could be purged or removed on
the spot.

Hope I'm not wasting anyone's time with this idea.

All the best and thank you - I'm loving gnome-shell.

Dave Jones
--
http://www.empirecafe.co.za
http://www.google.com/profiles/squilla.dave