Re: Window controls for GNOME 3

On 02/23/2011 01:21 AM, Owen Taylor wrote:
> My main objection to removing them has been that I didn't think we really understood the use case for minimization

My two use cases are:

* Removing distracting clutter out of sight (e.g. terminal with
  compilation process)

  Ok, I can move it to another workspace. It's just a little bit more
pointing and dragging action.

* Accessing an icon on the desktop (usually via minimise all / show
  desktop, but sometimes also by clicking minimise buttons)

  I understand that the desktop icons will go away. But then I need a
replacement place where I can quickly access the documents that I work
on during a week. The current state is confusing: desktop hardly
accessible but no replacement in the sense of a quickly accessible
document working set buffer.

Best regards

Frederik