Re: Gnome Shell

"Calum Benson" wrote

> "Flicking the pointer" is easy enough to do with a real mouse, but
> isn't a gesture that works very well with touchpads, which I'd guess a
> lot of our users will be using most of the time. When I try to flick
> the pointer with my touchpad, it just stops halfway :) From a brief
> experiment, if my pointer's in the middle of the screen, it takes me
> two (on my laptopt screen), sometimes three (on my external monitor)
> separate finger movements to hit the corner...

What we've discussed doing and the input people tell us is feasible
(but nobody has started doing the implementation) would be to make
the corners of the touchpad absolute - so if you tap the upper left
corner or lower right corner of the touchpad it's like throwing your
mouse into that corner. I'm not sure if that would move the mouse or
just activate the action for the hot corner.

- Owen