Difficulties hovering the mail-notification icon

Hi,
Again a new thing I complain on : what a weener ! ;)
I Like the notification system which is hidden at the bottom, but I think the right left animation is a bit too much : the vertical one already hides the notifications, and the horizontal one is a bit too sensitive : I like to read the subject of new emails via the mail-notification hand-over function, to see if it's worth read yet or not. With the drawer system, I have to be really carefull when hovering the notification : if I move my mouse a bit to the left, I'm out of the notification, and it folds back to the right, so I have to go back and unfold it. As far as I know, I'm not that bad at mouse pointing, I even had some time ago some good skills at counter-strike :) .
Maybe, since we have all the screen width available, we can remove this folding effect, perhaps animating the title as a banner if it is too long ?

Cheers,
Thomas