Re: Ability to preview windows across all workspaces ?

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
Something like what's mentioned in http://jimmac.musichall.cz/log/?p=1126 ?

Owen has been working on a workspace-thumbnails branch which adds
something like that mockup, although I haven't tried it.

Hi,
More or less : I was aware of that mockup, but it has 2 drawbacks :
 - The total area available is "wasted" by the top and left bands, forcing the thumbnails (this point is less a problem than in 2.31)
 - Moreover, there is a huge difference between the size of the thumbnails (thumbnails from non active workspaces are too small). This is the same problem in alttab : the focus is too strong on the current workspace.

Cheers, Thomas