Re: Overriding private functions from extensions

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy
<pclouds gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is overriding functions starting with underscore is forbidden? It used
> to work with gnome 3.0 but does not seem to work with 3.2.

Not forbidden (they're just functions, we do nothing to protect them),
just discouraged. It could be that the function was removed/renamed in
3.2 dev cycle, and so you need to port your extension to the new
interface.

(In 3.3.2, actually the gjs class framework makes all class properties
and functions non-configurable, so you cannot delete them, but it
should still be possible to modify them)

Giovanni