extensions.gnome.org

Hello,

how do I correctly define/create an extension which uses gsettings to store some extension spezific settings? I found the weather-extension on github (https://github.com/simon04/gnome-shell-extension-weather)
and created my extension the same way:
https://github.com/brot/gnome-shell-extension-sshsearch

But with this way I couldn't copy the extension files into ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions and have to "install" the extension with configure/make to create the extension spezific schema+key(s) in the
configuration storage system (GSettings).

But as far as I understand I couldn't upload my extension to extensions.gnome.org, because the installed
extensions will be copied to ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions.

So what's the right way to build an extension which needs the option to have some user spezific settings
and should be installed with extensions.gnome.org?

~ Bernd