Re: Window Focus

I think if you make it hidden enough, it appears to be removed functionality.

So after a little reading, I figured out that I have to install gconf-editor.

OK, I get it.  It's like the Windows Registry.

Now I do a search for auto-raise (or auto_raise) and I see a bunch of different auto_raise keys. Some are associated with Metacity (I thought GNOME3 used Mutter); others are associated with Compiz.

I'm guessing that I need to change

/apps/metacity/general/focus_mode
/apps/metacity/general/auto_raise

I think it would be nice if the user didn't have to edit the GNOME Registry to have access to this bit of configuration.