Re: Multiple issues with wallpaper handling

Does the issue exist if you run raw mutter? I can't reproduce the
issue here with mutter or with gnome-shell. There's no performance dip
if I lock the screen or change the wallpaper.

The code that handles the wallpaper is here:

    http://git.gnome.org/browse/mutter/tree/src/compositor/meta-background-actor.c

You can see that it tries very hard to make sure that it's not holding
onto the pixmap any more than it needs to.