Re: SweetTooth and Live Extension Enabling/Disabling

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:03:18 -0400
"Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 02:00:32PM -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> >> For 3.2, besides item #5, I'm going to be working on all the
> >> "boring" stuff that needs to be done in a webapp (user
> >> registration, etc.), a simple page that lets you enable/disable
> >> all the extensions on your machine, as well as general UI polish.
> >> For 3.4, I hope to get updates working.
> >
> > Nice work!
> >
> > When do you expect the website code is good enough to be hosted on
> > GNOME? Could you also document the requirements (software, disk
> > space, etc)?
>
> The Python package requirements are listed at
> https://github.com/magcius/sweettooth.
> You can see how much disk space the git checkout takes there, and we
> also have to save
> any user-uploaded data -- extension zipfiles and images. That
> shouldn't take too much space,
> though.
>
> Additionally, if someone wants to help me make
> https://github.com/magcius/sweettooth-plugin
> more packageable it would be much appreciated. If you want me to
> transfer to the GNOME Git
> Infrastructure so that things like i18n can be done better (I
> currently have no support for i18n),
> please tell me.
>
> > It would be nice to have something at .91 / .92 (rc) stage (see
> > https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne for schedule). I'd prefer
> > having something available even if not totally complete so that
> > people can test and also the website itself has been used.
>
> I'm working on the generic polish as well as a few last features so
> that I can get something ready
> for 2.91/2.92.
>
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Olav
> >

>   Jasper
Hi
I've already packaged as an rpm....
http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=sweettooth&baseproject=openSUSE%3AFactory&lang=en&include_home=true&exclude_debug=true
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=sweettooth-plugin&project=home%3Amalcolmlewis%3AGNOME%3A3.0

Some more info or a pointer for the database setup would be helpful, I
have setup the python environment fine, just not sure wht to do for the
database?

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop