Re: SweetTooth and Live Extension Enabling/Disabling

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 02:00:32PM -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
>> For 3.2, besides item #5, I'm going to be working on all the "boring"
>> stuff that needs to be done in a webapp (user registration, etc.), a
>> simple page that lets you enable/disable all the extensions on your
>> machine, as well as general UI polish. For 3.4, I hope to get updates
>> working.
>
> Nice work!
>
> When do you expect the website code is good enough to be hosted on
> GNOME? Could you also document the requirements (software, disk space,
> etc)?

The Python package requirements are listed at
https://github.com/magcius/sweettooth.
You can see how much disk space the git checkout takes there, and we
also have to save
any user-uploaded data -- extension zipfiles and images. That
shouldn't take too much space,
though.

Additionally, if someone wants to help me make
https://github.com/magcius/sweettooth-plugin
more packageable it would be much appreciated. If you want me to
transfer to the GNOME Git
Infrastructure so that things like i18n can be done better (I
currently have no support for i18n),
please tell me.

> It would be nice to have something at .91 / .92 (rc) stage (see
> https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne for schedule). I'd prefer having
> something available even if not totally complete so that people can test
> and also the website itself has been used.

I'm working on the generic polish as well as a few last features so
that I can get something ready
for 2.91/2.92.

> --
> Regards,