Re: The path of least blame

Well, for me personally most of the time I want the currently running
application (being firefox, terminal, etc) to be brought up if I tried
to open a new instance (as it's likely I forgot it was already open).
If I need a new instance of a certain application I'm most likely
using it at that point and it's much easier to hit ctrl-n (or
ctrl-shift-n for terminal) than it is to use the dock.  On a side
note, if you often use multiple terminals why not use Terminator?
seems to be the best for the job IMHO.