Re: The path of least blame
- From: Milan Bouchet-Valat <nalimilan club fr>
- To: Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org>
- Cc: gnome-shell-list <gnome-shell-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: The path of least blame
- Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 23:23:44 +0200
Le jeudi 04 août 2011 à 22:50 +0200, Florian Müllner a écrit :
> Slightly off-topic, but I consider it quite interesting that almost
> everyone complaining about shell's single-window approach picks the
> terminal as example. We would probably get rid of all complains by
> special-casing terminals, without the inconsistency being noticed -
> "normal" people don't use terminals, geeks apparently don't use
> anything else ...
I think that terminals are only the best example of this situation.
While most apps best behave as single-instance, a few of them are
multiple-instance, and we still expect a click to open a new window:
terminal, file manager (to open several folders separately), word
processor. Maybe special-casing them wouldn't be too disturbing, indeed.
] [Thread Prev