Re: Named, persistent workspaces

By the way, Elia

- it only makes sense in combination with "always open application X on space named Y" code. This is not that useful for browsers, editors and all other applications that don't exist in single instance. I can't use such tags for all my work projects, as they all use the same
set of applications.

How about you could assign a tag not only to an app, but also to a file or even to a web bookmark?

That way when you opened a tagged app (regardless of the file), web bookmark or file (regardless of the app) it would go to the named workspace, or create it if it didn't exist.

That, combined with assigning key shortcuts in order to switch to a workspace, should solve most of your issues while still respecting the current approach. How would you like that?