Why not "my accounts" instead of "my account"?

When I look at the "User" widget (the one at the top-right corner) it strikes me as closely related to my online presence and identity. Pressing "available" or "busy" sets that state on Empathy. Therefore I would expect the "my account" item to let me set my online accounts.

Yet, when I actually select it, it takes me to the "User accounts" settings, which is not even about "my account" but just "accounts on this computer". What's the reason for this? It's certainly not the result I would expect.