Re: using Gnome-Shell with 90% of all applications is absolute garbage.
- From: Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com>
- To: jordan <triplesquarednine gmail com>
- Cc: gnome-shell-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: using Gnome-Shell with 90% of all applications is absolute garbage.
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:15:13 -0700
On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 16:13 -0400, jordan wrote:
> B) PA is only the default on distro's like Ubuntu. If i install
> Gnome in Fedora, PA is an option (if i want to install it like that),
> same with Arch.
PA is default in Fedora, also OpenSUSE and Mandriva.
> The main point here is that Gnome should be supporting both a 2d and
> 3d environment. The current "fallback" mode
> should be a focus in gnome. While, yes it is supported and there.
> fallback mode doesn't provide the kind of environment that Gnome2
It's not supposed to. It's supposed to behave similarly to GNOME Shell,
including the design philosophy changes that happened between GNOME 2.0
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
] [Thread Prev