Re: using Gnome-Shell with 90% of all applications is absolute garbage.
- From: Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com>
- To: "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net>
- Cc: gnome-shell-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: using Gnome-Shell with 90% of all applications is absolute garbage.
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:46:17 -0700
On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 03:52 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> Why isn't it important to Gnome to also keep a stable 2d
> environment??? (no-compositing) - even Ubuntu plans to
> maintain a 2d
> version of Unity.
> The biggest resource related to that I can find is the evas-based
> version of their Netbook Desktop Environment, which is a different
> beast entirely.
He's referring to unity-qt, which is pretty much the equivalent of
'fallback mode' for GNOME 3; an attempt to replicate Unity as much as
possible without compositing.
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
] [Thread Prev