Re: Mutter theming

On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 17:33 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> Since Gnome3/Gnome-shell uses mutter.  I'd like to learn/study mutter
> theme creation and tweaking.  Any leads, pointers, URL, Documentation,
> and directions anyone can offer is highly appreciated.

Mutter uses the same theme format as Metacity (with the ability to use
some (optional) additions). So a starting point would be any existing
Metacity theme, or the documentation found at

http://git.gnome.org/browse/mutter/tree/doc/theme-format.txt

Just be warned - the format is far from friendly (there has been an
experimental Metacity branch at one point ("cowbell"), which used a
CSS-like syntax instead) ...

Florian