Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

Cyril Arnaud <cyril.arnaud@...> writes:

> This is the "window" thru which users (most of them non technical) will access
> your entire Fedora (and later RH Enterprise) product's functionality.
>
> We hear this argument that most users of Gnome are non tech people ...
> Seriously ?

Yes, I am serious :-)
People who are described as business end users are mostly non or only
sufficiently technical - they treat their computer and its dsktop environment
instrumentally, as a tool to accomplish their business tasks (office work, web
browsing, running database applications, etc).
To them the DE's GUI and its functionality (read: being easy-on-the-user; not
confusing her; not requiring master's degree in compuetr science in order to
be able to do their work effectively) is the deciding factor. That's what
techies (software devs included) have difficulty understanding.

JB