Re: GNOME 3 from Fedora user's perpective - request for changes

Jean-Baptiste Bourgoin <monsieur.camille@...> writes:

> Free Software World is vast, if you want a "conservative desktop", look
> at XFCE.

Well, the reactions on Fedora users list already indicate that there is
a concern with some aspects of GNOME 3, among others higher technical
requirements for machines, this new menu sytem, broad legacy (GNOME 2) user base
who will be confused by some of the changes.

People will react according to their own circumstances:
- jump the ship, away from GNOME. to other DEs or window managers
- switch distros, away from Fedora
- hope for outside entity to maintain GNOME 2 similarly to KDE 3:
  Trinity Desktop Environment
  http://www.trinitydesktop.org/

I was concerned about the effect on GNOME similar to exodus from KDE after their
switch from 3 to 4 platforms.

I hope that GNOME devs, smart fellows as they are most of the time :-) , will
reflect and reconsider that menu system under all circumstances I described.

JB