Re: New design- can't get to Nautilus without some work.

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 13:44 -0700, Sean Brady wrote:
> I really, really liked the breakout of Documents, Music, etc in the
> Shell panel.  I had favorites in there for work that I would use
> repeatedly.  Perhaps a compromise would be a section next to the
> Windows and Applications buttons in the overview ("My Stuff", "Files",
> just show the username, whatever).

Yes, that's actually planned[0], something like "Devices and Documents".
It is not clear though at this moment if it will be implemented in the
3.0 time frame - code contributions in that area would definitively be
appreciated.

The idea of a "People" view has been floating around as well, but there
are no real plans for it (yet?). This would clearly be post-3.0
material.

> A really radical idea would be to put a menu item in the "Username"
> drop down on the right to access the home folder (if that makes
> sense).

Not to me, but feel free to speak to the designers :-)

[0]
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/FindingAndReminding