Key Binding Through Applications

Hello,

Thanks to all the contributors to Gnome Shell, I think it is a wonderful
project and really enjoy using it.

I will now try and explain my cryptic subject line. What I mean by key
binding through applications is binding keys (like the super key used in
the gnome shell) through applications that block it (fullscreen
applications ...). The reason I ask about this is that I really wish
while I was playing nexuiz or using blender I could just quickly use the
window manager to switch to a web browser then back again! Could this be
done? I am not sure how key binding works or how conflicts between
applications are resolved but it seams possible and useful.

Thanks,

Chris