Re: Re: Idea for non-overlapping maximized windows using guidelines

Am -10.01.-28163 20:59, schrieb Andreas Wallberg:
Hi!

I think this might be a good idea, even though I think it should be
optional. I myself am seeing new users distracted by this and somethimes
I just want to maximize a window.
Agreed.

However there are hundreds of scenarios where this will be a lifesafer!
Agreed.

Furthermore, do you think it should be configurable per workspace or all
the workspaces should share the same config?
I dunno :-) That's what the email list is for :-)

/Andreas

Hello All

That would be really cool. Currently I'm using pytyle ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/pytyle/ ). Pytyle is a Python script which tiles the windows independent of the window-manager you use. With Pytyle you can do a lot of things, like tiling horizontally, vertically or have the window maximized, quickly tile/untile. You can also change the size of your main-window. So it does not use 2/3 of the screen fixed. And it supports different tilings for different workspaces. But it does not have any GUI part. It is controlled completly by keyboard-shortcuts. To see something similair, maybe even with some nice GUI integration, in gnome-shell would be grate.

Raphael