Re: Fwd: Gnome objectives

Le lundi 22 novembre 2010 à 20:15 +0530, dE . a écrit :
> Ok, I was might be wrong about that. When when I opened guake
> terminal, it 'squeezed' to open + I didn't find mutter Preferences.
>
> + I forgot the mention that I have an ATI card which's vary bad at
> composting for bad drivers.
>
> All in all, if gnome does make such a move, I'll be forced to leave it
> to prefer KDE or even xfce with gnome applications instead. Gnome
> shell looks more like for an embedded device, and as I've always said,
> it should be a part of gnome not the new gnome desktop. It's best
> suited at this place. Development of the classic interface should
> continue as primary.
gnome-panel is not going away, and it will work as well as it did in
2.32 in future releases. So you can perfectly continue using GNOME with
the traditional interface you love so much, and still benefit from the
improvements in other places of the desktop. And it's not as if
gnome-panel had been dramatically improving over releases, and stopped
right when the Shell started being developed...