Re: System Tray Suggestions

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 22:57, Apoorva Sharma <appi2012 gmail com> wrote:
I have one simple suggestion to make regarding the design of the system tray icons in Gnome-3:
On double-click, these icons should open their respective application.
For example, if a user were to double click the bluetooth icon, the bluetooth preferences window should open. If the user double clicked the volume icon, the system sound preferences window should open.

This would allow quick and easy access to common system preferences, and enhance the Gnome desktop environment by making it more interconnected.

This would also be easy to implement, I presume, since we would simply have to call another function on double-click than the one called on single-click. (I may be wrong, since I'm not much of a programmer.)

This is just a suggestion that I feel would help Gnome-Shell. Could it be implemented?

nice thinking!