Re: Task Panel

Have you notice that if we have too much windows in each workspaces, the windows(too many of them) are getting tinier and it is difficult to know and select the right window.

One solution which would fix all problems with window switching in gnome-shell would be to tab together windows of each application through the window manager, ala google chrome.
This would limit the amount of windows open, and the windows shown in the overviews would look sufficiently different to allow for easy, quick switching, since they would all be different applications.

This would greatly minimize the amount of windows shown in the overview.

However, I think that when a user right-clicks on the application in the application menu, the application window which included all of the tabbed windows should break apart, thus allowing more specific window selection through the overview.

See my original idea here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2010-February/msg00071.html