Re: Task Panel

>Message: 1
>Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:24:52 +0200
>From: Tomasz Sterna <tomek xiaoka com>
>To: Leo <leolas92 gmail com>, gnome-shell-list gnome org
>Subject: Re: A task panel
>
>Dnia 2010-05-19, ?ro o godzinie 00:50 +0200, Leo pisze:
>> All the common users who have tried Gnome Shell have been having
>> problems when it came to change application.

>I tend to think twice when I'm eager to use words such "all", "none",
>"always", "never" and "we". I know that I don't know every single case.
>
>As for all the "task switcher" noise - It's typical for a few
>dissatisfied people to make a lot of noise while the majority of
>satisfied keeps quiet.
>
>So, to make a contrary case, at least I am one very satisfied with the
>current GnomeShell way of handling application windows and see no need
>for a dock, task bar panel switcher or anything such.
>Activities Overview is a great concept and I don't need anything more.

I myself is satisfied with the current handling of tasks in gnome-shell, "but" there is a serious but, as I am using gnome-shell as of this writing.
Have you notice that if we have too much windows in each workspaces, the windows(too many of them) are getting tinier and it is difficult to know and select the right window.
This can be solved using the zoom in feature where we can move from one workspace to another with better views, but I think the quickness is not more quick than using a panel switcher in my experience.
So I tend to agree with the current design of handling tasks in gnome-shell. But I think there must be a need of some extension to handle task switching aside from the current one without compromising the overall design of the gnome-shell.