Re: some recent thought on gnome shell

El mar, 18-05-2010 a las 13:36 -0400, Virgil Brummond escribió:
> I agree with the proposal that panel applets perhaps should be usable
> when in the overlay. It could mean a way to have system control while
> using single or even multiple full-screen applications.

Note that the status icons being unusable in the overview is not a
design decision but a technical limitation. Those items may move into
the proper shell, so that the icons' menus behave consistently and fit
the overall shell theme - with the side effect that they will magically
start to work from within the overview.

Regards,
Florian

(some (nitpicky) corrections on terminology:
overlay: this one makes our designers crinch - it's overview
         (activities overview actually)
panel applet: those are status icons - panel applets are no longer
              supported in Gnome Shell (I understand that the
              difference, while technically very clear, is
              completely non-obvious from a user's perspective)