Re: gnome-shell + docky

nice, have to try this.

to be honest, i really don't like the notification system like it is
implemented now. i would like to try out notify-osd from ubuntu, but for
this i have to figure out how to disable the notifications in
gnome-shell first (maybe i'll write a patch to disable it via gconf the
next week or so). the only thing missing would be the notifications
about windows wanting attention, but i definitely *don't* want a popup
for this. just a small icon somewhere would be ok (main panel or
floating somewhere on the screen, not hidden in the collapsed
messageTray).
come to think of it, the position of the message tray would be ok, just
make it transparent (or just as big as needed) and always visible (so
you always see the active notification icons in the right lower corner).
the notification popups could then appear as a kind of bubble over the
respective icon.

flo