Re: Gnome-shell not for netbook?

I think there has been some regression recently as new features are
added, this is a natural part of the development cycle I wouldn't
judge its performance just yet, it is much more sensible to optimise
the code after the features are in place.

I came back to shell after a month away because of reinstalling and it
has even started lagging on my desktop Geforce 8800 since the hot
corner effects.  I should imagine that if old hardware can run compiz
then it should be fine.