Re: Bring some KDE / Ubuntu to the System Status Area?

On 06/23/2010 07:41 PM, Giovanni Campagna wrote:
> After all discussion raised on bug 622451 (the experimental power
> manager applet). I was thinking if it was appropriate for the shell to
> implement KDE's and Ubuntu's (Ayatana) protocols for system tray /
> system status.

We like Ubuntu's changes to the KDE protocol, but the KDE protocol
itself seemed like a complete lose. And you can't really "rebase" the
Ubuntu stuff on top of the old tray protocol, so...

And at any rate, the Ubuntu protocol isn't nearly extensive enough to
cover everything in the system status mockups. (It's hard to imagine a
protocol that would be, unless it was completely customized to that set
of mockups.)

-- Dan