Re: Recent Shell building errors

On 06/20/2010 01:44 PM, Florian Müllner wrote:
El dom, 20-06-2010 a las 13:13 -0500, Ryan Peters escribió:

2) The build-order of the dependencies is wrong. Clutter would not build
for me on my first try re-building because I didn't have the latest
build of Pango, which was fixed by building everything besides Clutter
and then re-running jhbuild. So Pango should be built before Clutter.

Yeah, it's perfectly possible there are some errors with the build
order, caused by the recent additions to the moduleset (glib, atk,
pango, gtk+) - sorry for the bumpy ride.

3) Mutter could not be built either, but for something I don't think is
included in GNOME Shell's jhbuild setup. Here's what I get (ignore the
copy-paste tags):

/home/ryan/gnome-shell/install/share/gir-1.0/Gdk-2.0.gir: Incompatible
version 1.0 (supported: 1.1)

There was an incompatible change in the introspection file format, so
the format version was updated (see error above). It might be enough to
force a rebuild of gir-repository (jhbuild buildone -f -a -c
gir-repository), but the safest bet is to remove the installation
directory (~/gnome-shell/install) and rebuild everything.

Again, sorry for the bumpy ride :(

Okay I did as you suggested but I still got the error. So what I did is I ran the following commands:
jhbuild buildone clutter -f -a -c
jhbuild buildone mutter -f -a -c
Clutter built itself just fine, but mutter didn't. Here's the error again:

<copy-paste>
/usr/share/gir-1.0/Gdk-2.0.gir: Incompatible version 1.0 (supported: 1.1)
make[4]: *** [Meta-2.31.gir] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/gnome-shell/source/mutter/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/gnome-shell/source/mutter/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/gnome-shell/source/mutter/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/gnome-shell/source/mutter'
make: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error during phase build of mutter: ########## Error running make  CFLAGS=-Wno-error *** [1/1]
</copy-paste>

Thanks for your help!

    - Ryan Peters