Re: gnome-shell screen flickers

I have the exact same flickers. I'm just replying to let this be known.

The flicker occurs everytime when the date/time clicked, and only sometimes when the overlay is accessed or a notification is presented. As said, it has happened that the shell just exits itself after a flicker.

- Luuk

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Sean Dunwoody <sean_dunwoody yahoo com> wrote:
From: Sean Dunwoody <sean_dunwoody yahoo com>
To: "terry gardener googlemail com" <terry gardener googlemail com>
Sent: Fri, 18 June, 2010 17:49:38
Subject: Re: gnome-shell screen flickers

I have the same problem, I made a post a while ago and they ensured me that everyone had had this problem and that I was affected because the PPA updates more slowly . . . that was a month ago though.

Exactly the same, when I click on the date, when I hover over the notifications at the bottom, sometimes when I enter the overlay and sometimes when I click on the app-menu button.

I also had a problem once when the flickering was so bad that the shell exited itself and I got some weird message in the terminal . . .

I'm pretty sure I'm also on the nvidia drivers 195 too (although it's only labelled as 'version current' in the hardware drivers options)

-Sean