gnome-shell application intergration

Actually, that is incorrect.
I have tried Pidgin and sent myself messages from another computer/IM account... and the message tray does not act the same way as it does
when your using empathy. With empathy, you are able to recieve msgs and reply to messages straight from the message tray at the bottom instead of opening up your messenger window....
With pidgin, you get the msg at the bottom, but you cannot click on it and reply etc...... and as for other Music players, it is the same thing... you cannot interact with the message tray to be able to
control the application... such as skipping songs etc..... but you can do this if you are using rhythmbox.

In my opinion, Gnome should of picked better applications to be intergrated into gnome-shell... Empathy is not good enough.... rhythmbox is ok, but it would be nice if banshee was supported in gnome-shell....
and arghhh, don't get me started about the crippled Shotwell photo application.... although shotwell is not relevent in this current discussion.....

Can anybody confirm support for "other ' alternate well known messengers/music players for intergration in gnome-shell????

cheers